The library is a place for serious study and research. A quiet atmosphere shall therefore be maintained at all times. It shall be the library staff’s responsibility to enforce the rule of silence and proper decorum and as such they shall be authorized to impose the necessary penalty on erring users.
Requests/inquiries addressed to members of the library staff shall be conducted in a low voice. Cellular phones shall be turned off or shifted to “SILENT” mode while inside the library in order not to disturb other users. Conversation and small talk shall be conducted outside library premises. Besides giving a warning or penalty, the library staff shall ask those loitering or disturbing others to immediately leave the library.
The Code of Discipline in the School Manual and Students’ Handbook shall be enforced inside the library. In addition, the following specific rules shall be applicable:
1. No smoking and littering. Smoking anywhere including inside the toilets, disposing cigarette butts and food/beverage containers in the urinals/toilet bowls, and other forms of improper waste disposal shall be penalized.
2. No eating and drinking except when explicitly permitted (during special events in a designated area.)
3. No bags except purses/small hand bags. Bags beyond a certain size shall be deposited at the bag depository check-in counter before proceeding to the different sections of the library. Deposited bags shall, however, be retrieved before the library closes for the day.
4. No seat reservation.
5. No writing on books, tearing of pages, and any mutilation or defacement of library materials, equipment or facilities. Mutilation/defacement of library property including computer equipment shall be considered vandalism and shall be subjected to disciplinary action.
6. No bringing out of library books, materials, and equipment without proper authorization. Books for general circulation shall be checked out at the circulation counter where the due date is stamped on a form attached to the book. Other materials and equipment shall need a borrower’s authorization form or a gate pass properly signed by a member of the library staff on duty. Unauthorized withdrawal of library property shall be considered stealing.
7. After using the books in the circulation room, they shall NOT be returned to their shelves. They shall be left on the table to be shelved by the library assistants. (This is to avoid their being misplaced). Individual volume of general references such as encyclopedia shall be returned to their proper places.
8. The student shall be held responsible for the books/materials borrowed. Damaged or lost books shall be reported at once, and replaced or paid within two weeks from due date. In the event that the loss of a book is not promptly reported to the library, the usual fines shall be added to the replacement cost of the book including shipment, handling and processing charges.
9. Before leaving the library, all borrowers shall be responsible enough to ensure that the library books and materials they are bringing out shall have been properly checked out or with a corresponding authorization form. They shall be expected to present these for inspection by the library personnel on duty at the exit area without their attention having to be called.
1. Things not needed shall be deposited at the counter, while studying inside the library premises. To avoid possible mix ups, things shall be put together in only one bag.
2.Do not leave money and other valuables inside the bag you are depositing. The library will not be responsible for their loss.
3.Materials not allowed in the campus shall also be prohibited in the library. If discovered, these shall be subjected to confiscation. The owner shall also be sent to proper authorities for further investigation.
4.Numbered claim tag shall be asked when depositing your bag which shall be released only upon return of the corresponding claim tag.
5.Library users who lose their claim tags shall be required to identify themselves and prove ownership over the bag(s) they shall be claiming. In addition, a corresponding fine shall be imposed.
6.Bags shall not be left overnight. A corresponding fine shall also be imposed every night.
7.All bags (not deposited here) and brought inside the library premises shall be subjected to strict search/inspection when leaving the library.
8.Library authorities shall impose or adopt certain measures deemed appropriate to ensure the safety of the resources.